Big Build Appeal
Our big dream is to provide a state-of-the-art specialist support centre that will provide a wide range of services to babies, children and young people with complex disabilities & life-limiting conditions, and their families, in the North-east of Scotland.
The centre will provide:
- Planned short breaks
- Day care services
- Emergency care
- Palliative and end of life care
- Spa pool sessions
- Engagement in new activities
- Socialisation outwith the family home
It will provide a vital service to:
- Infants and children with multiple complex needs and their families
- Children and young people who are technologically dependent
- Children and young people who have life-limiting and life-shortening conditions
- Young people, aged 18-25 in transition to adult services
- The whole family when they need it most
The Charlie House specialist support centre will have the following facilities:
- 8 children’s bedrooms with specialist bathing facilities
- Additional accommodation of 8 family bedrooms
- Sensory room
- Soft play area
- Sensory garden & outside play areas
- Teen den
- Art, craft & messy play area
- Spa pool
- Daytime space: lounge, dining, kitchen
- Family accommodation with en-suite facilities
- Community meeting space
- Meeting rooms
Designs for the building are based on research of other similar facilities throughout the UK and have been developed in partnership with the families we support and NHS Grampian.
We are very excited about this project and are putting everything in place to help deliver this for the 1,500 children and young people that have been identified in the North-east of Scotland that could benefit from such a facility and its services.
To donate to this life-changing project click here.
If you would like more information about the Big Build appeal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01224 313333.